Re: Donation Recommendation? - 24-bit sound card

>> Recording wise 24 bit gives you a greater dynamic sampling range. But
>> for most people it's not needed for playback as your CDs and DVDs
>> are already in a 16 bit format. And the benefit on playback is
>> minimal. Aside from generally being a better soundcard, rather than
>> from the media that it will be playing. Are you looking for a card
>> that only does 24 bit? Most that I know of do 16 and 24 bit. And the
>> only 24 bit media I have is that that I created myself.
>
> I can recommend becoming a Neil Young fan. He has released several CDs now
> with a "bonus" DVD containing the entire album in 96/24 (PCM) :-)

Are you sure about that?  I know he released a bunch of DVD-A discs
with 24-bit stuff, but are you saying he released normal DVDs with
24/96 files just sitting there?  Google is no help.  Can you name one
or two?  I'm a huge fan.

BTW, the entire Doors catalog is available on DVD-A in 24/96.

- Grant