Re: Fw: alsa-info.txt dump/output

James W. Frock, Ph.D. wrote:
> Okay Stan this is the output of the alsa-info.sh with the --no-upload
> flag. It will be interesting to hear what you have to say about this.
> Thank you for your patients.
>
> Jim Frock.

Your setup looks fine, alsa has recognized your card and it is set up
correctly.  You are using old versions of alsa, but you already knew
that.  Because your card is old, this shouldn't really matter, though
there might be some bug fixes missing in your older versions.

Here is where I think your problem is.  You have the volume at zero on
front play for PCM.  This needs to be turned up.

>  Front Right: Playback 0 [0%]
> Simple mixer control 'Analog Front',0
>  Capabilities: pvolume
>  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
>  Limits: Playback 0 - 255
>  Mono:
>  Front Left: Playback 0 [0%]
>  Front Right: Playback 0 [0%]

If you can't do this in alsamixer, use amixer (man amixer).