Re: RtApiAlsa: overrun detected

Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
[snip]

> Thanks for the explanation about over and under run.
>  Will do some homework on man arecord. What is a plughw device. Never heard of
> that expression.
plughw is an alsa device that makes sure the hardware gets data in a
format it can use.  It doesn't include dmix, an automatic mixer
that adjusts the sample rate to match what the card can process.  As
near as I can tell, the default device is plughw with dmix added.
The hw device is the raw hardware, though it seems it is sometimes used
as a synonym for plughw.  That means you are responsible
for all conversions to match the data the card can use internally.
> Have following versions on this machine:
> alsa-oss-1.0.14-23
> alsa-1.0.14-31.2
> alsa-utils-1.0.14.27
>
> Does that mean update time?

I think it would be a good idea.  Many many changes have been made to
alsa since 1.0.14.  The beta versions of 1.0.17 are
in circulation right now.  Do everything, not just pieces.  Including
the drivers.