Re: input source selection not working

Bruno Schneider wrote:

[snip]
> I have only one mic. :)
>
> I'm told to experiment changing parameters to hda-intel module,
> especially trying every possible "model" such as
> "model=3stack-6ch-dig", what do you think of that?

I think it is worth a try.  The idea is that the probe of your card
identified it incorrectly,
and that by explicitly telling the OS what the card is it will get the
right one.  hda-intels
are problematic because the chip can be used in many ways, so sometimes
telling it puts
it on the right track.

It is possible that you already have the best driver and it doesn't
implement this feature.
But it sounds like the driver is broken to me.

If changing the parameters doesn't work,
you might try posting this on the alsa-devel mailing list to see if they
know something more
about why the front mic isn't working.