Re: input source selection not working

Bruno Schneider wrote:
[snip]
> Running amixer just after boot gives me:
>
> Simple mixer control 'Input Source',0
>   Capabilities: cenum
>   Items: 'Mic' 'Front Mic' 'Line'
>   Item0: 'Front Mic'
>
> That is, Front Mic is selected. Still, audacity is recording from the
> back mic. Then suppose i change it to line:
>
> $ amixer set "Input Source" Line
> Simple mixer control 'Input Source',0
>   Capabilities: cenum
>   Items: 'Mic' 'Front Mic' 'Line'
>   Item0: 'Line'
> $
>
> Then I start audacity and it is still recording from the back mic.
> Gnome mixer shows the correct setting (Line) at the "input source"
> selector.

Have you tried using arecord to see if the changes work there?  It could
be audacity, though it works fine here when I do the equivalent.  Well,
I'm using the 1.3.5 beta.

arecord -d 10 -f cd -t wav -D plughw:0,0 some.wav

Ten seconds of CD quality sound recorded from card 0 into some.wav.

If it doesn't work, the settings aren't really being changed even though
they say they are.  I think that would be a bug in the driver.
You could try unplugging the back mic, maybe it is blocking the front
mic from being used (overriding it).