Re: Puppy 3.01 no sound en fujitsu lifebook fmv6266mf3/w

On 14-04-08 11:06, Rene Herman wrote:

> On 14-04-08 01:46, Sebastián Tobías Castro wrote:
>
>> I will try: ;)
>>
>> When GRUB is installed in MBR, alsa no found or recognize the pci
>> card... But when grub is not installed and boot with super grub disk,
>> TATA! Sound ok.
>> why?
>>
>> Thaks all.... Sorry for the simple of my explanation.
>>
>> Thank everyone.
>
> Since you thank "everyone" I'm reposting this to alsa-user again. You
> only replied to me personally (just use Reply-To-All in your mailer)...
>
> Well, the problem is clear, but not the solution. I'm not sure what a
> "super grub disk" is (nor which distribution you use) but I suppose it's
> some sort of rescue disk with its own kernel?

Oh, the distribution is in the subject. Since I've never even heard of
"Puppy Linux" (cute name though...) I missed it. Buy yes, I would advice to
try on one of their support forums or lists as this is likely to be a
problem with the module setup.

> If a difference is that you compiled the kernel on your regular system
> yourself than a difference in the configuration becomes likely. Or a
> difference in the setup where for example your normal system doesn't run
> udev and doesn't autoload the module.
>
> You might/will be best of asking this on a list/group dedicated to your
> distribution as there you'll find people intimately familiar with how it
> is supposed to be setup. This wouldn't seem to be an ALSA problem
> specifically as everything does work with the other method.

Rene.