Re: Problems with headphone jack and microphone quality

I have solved this problem by adding model=vaio to the options of the
sound module snd_hda_intel.

Now i can see various other capture devices and both the headphones and
mic work perfectly.

The only small niggle that remains is that the onboard volume control
now modifies the volume of my Capture device rather than the main Master
volume as it did before.

Is there a way to specify a default device for volume control?

Max