Re: Puppy 3.01 no sound en fujitsu lifebook fmv6266mf3/w

On 14-04-08 01:46, Sebastián Tobías Castro wrote:

> I will try: ;)
>
> When GRUB is installed in MBR, alsa no found or recognize the pci
> card... But when grub is not installed and boot with super grub disk,
> TATA! Sound ok.
> why?
>
> Thaks all.... Sorry for the simple of my explanation.
>
> Thank everyone.

Since you thank "everyone" I'm reposting this to alsa-user again. You only
replied to me personally (just use Reply-To-All in your mailer)...

Well, the problem is clear, but not the solution. I'm not sure what a "super
grub disk" is (nor which distribution you use) but I suppose it's some sort
of rescue disk with its own kernel?

If a difference is that you compiled the kernel on your regular system
yourself than a difference in the configuration becomes likely. Or a
difference in the setup where for example your normal system doesn't run
udev and doesn't autoload the module.

You might/will be best of asking this on a list/group dedicated to your
distribution as there you'll find people intimately familiar with how it is
supposed to be setup. This wouldn't seem to be an ALSA problem specifically
as everything does work with the other method.

Regards,
Rene