Re: Delta 1010LT and /dev/dspN

> Far as I know delta 1010LT only offers one OSS /dev/dspN
> device. Maybe you can try something via asoundrc magic or with
> the aoss library, but I never had to use the later one.

I can confirm that if two processes open /dev/dsp, only one of them gets
a device; the other gets EBUSY ...

Ok, spent another day googling and monkeying with it and it sounds like
aoss might work: it appears to intercept the opening of, for instance,
"/dev/dsp5" and allow you to route that to something that you've defined
in your .asoundrc as pcm.dsp5 ... but that doesn't seem to work with my
app.  I ran strace on "aoss myapp" and the app seems to call stat64() on
the device pathname (which of course doesn't exist), so maybe the aoss
interposer needs more than just open/read/write/mmap ...?

This question seems to have come up on this list a few times over the
last few years, though if it was resolved satisfactorially, it didn't
make it back into the archives.

Anyone else have any experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks,

/jordan