Re: Intel HDA with VT8251 gives high pitched noise

Tobin Davis wrote:
> Actually, you're a bit off base.  The file you need to look at is
> alsa-kernel/pci/hda/patch_<codec>.c where <codec> is the name of the
> codec manufacturer of your sound chip.

Thanks for this pointer into the right direction. So, patch_via.c is
the correct file for me to look at.

> For example, I have an Analog Devices AD1986A chip in my laptop.  By
> looking in the patch_analog.c, I can find the sections dealing with
> the ad1986a to find what init section is mapped to my laptop, then
> add the appropriate node init line for the beep-generator, based on
> the spec for this codec.  This information can also be derived from
> looking at other codec init sections to see how they enable the beep
> generator, then finding the node on my system by looking at
> /proc/asound/card0/codec#*. Usually it's enough to just unmute it,
> but some systems require a mixer channel to be unmuted as well.

Would you mind sending me the output of your
/proc/asound/card0/codec#*, so that I can try to map that onto the init
parts of patch_analog.c and then deduce what I should do to patch_via.c
with regard to my codec#0 file?

--
Stefan Bellon