Re: Terratec Phase 26 USB

Terrific!
> To put the card into the 16bit mode, use the buttons on the front.
>
> If that is done and if your card is the first in the system ("hw:0")
> you should be able to play through it with e.g. "aplay somefile.wav".
> This will use the preconfigured "default" device, which is the Phase26
> if you followed my advice and dropped your asound.conf.
>
> Next you may want to try recording with "arecord -f cd somefile.wav".
> (Note that the card doesn't have a mixer.)
>
> Please report back if this works, then we'll see further.

I followed your instructions, aplay and arecord seems to be working
without reservation!

> If you happen
> to have a 6-channel soundfile as well, you may try to use  "aplay -D
> hw:0 6channel.wav" as well. Playing just stereo files directly to hw:0
> doesn't work without conversions.)

I did not test an 6-channel soundfile; couldn't find some quickly but
catch it up in near future.

But new issues are:
1. I hear erratic "clicking" noises. Maybe they depend on my
performance? I've heard about higher cpu-load in connection with
USB-Sound? I tested it with bzip... pitty, but the frequency of the
clicks does not really interfere.
2. OSS is still muted. But xine does recognize the oss(dsp?)-device.
e.g. I can start applications, which had striked before, but unique
silent.

Many Thanks,
Jan

New list of devices:
	aplay -l
	card 0: USB1648 [PHASE 26 USB(16/48)], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
	  Subdevices: 0/1
	  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
	card 1: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC880 Analog [ALC880 Analog]
	  Subdevices: 1/1
	  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
	card 1: Intel [HDA Intel], device 6: Si3054 Modem [Si3054 Modem]
	  Subdevices: 1/1
	  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

	aplay -L
	default:CARD=USB1648