Terratec Phase 26 USB

Hi,

I've some troubles to get my 2nd soundcard working.
First of all:
My Notebook is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 1556. - I'm running Gentoo on
it.
I decided to buy an extern soundcard because my intern(ALC880) was not
doing well. - The mic Input isn't fully supported yet. - So I bought the
Terratec Phase 26 USB after I've read that it is potential possible to
run it(http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=2424).

But I am testing and configuring without any satisfying result since
three weeks. Sometimes I get sound from alsa, sometimes from oss, but
neither both at once. If I get sound out of my cards, mostly it's
horrible. Only the Jack-server in combination with alsa was fair.
Ah- I want both of them running.

Perhaps you can help me, if I offer my current configs(Maybe I forgot
some usefull...). Most changes I've done in the asound.conf, because
there has been the most significant effects. The current config (see
below), causes no sounds.
If I change it to:

	pcm.snd_card {
	        type hw
	        card 0
	        device 0
	}

	ctl.snd_card {
	        type hw
	        card 0
	        device 0

Amarok, for example, detects ALSA, but if I want to play something, it
breaks down. Other applications tell something like "1: Error calling
Mix_OpenAudio". Nothing in my dmesg.

Best regards,
Jan

---
Linux NoTuxMobil 2.6.22-gentoo-r8 #10 SMP Wed Oct 17 18:04:35 CEST 2007
i686 Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

---

cat /etc/asound.conf
 pcm.!default {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 0
        }

 ctl.!default {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 0
        }

---

cat /etc/modules.d/alsa
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore

#Card 1
alias snd-card-0 snd-usb-audio
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

options snd-usb-audio index=0

alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss

#Card 2
alias snd-card-1 snd-hda-intel
alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1

alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss

options snd-hda-intel index=-2

alias /dev/dsp1 snd-pcm-oss

options snd cards_limit=2

---

aplay -l
card 0: USB2448 [PHASE 26 USB(24/48)], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC880 Analog [ALC880 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Intel [HDA Intel], device 6: Si3054 Modem [Si3054 Modem]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

---

.CONFIG: