relative timestamps in seq interface

I'm not sure this is the right list to ask, but since I'm a "user" of
the ALSA seq API I give it a shot:

The spec says this about scheduling an alsa seq event with relative
timestamp: "if a timestamp with a relative timestamp is delivered to
ALSA, the specified timestamp will be used as an offset to the current
time of the queue the event is sent into". Now I wonder, does this
"current time" refer to the actual running time of the queue as read by
snd_seq_queue_status_get_real_time() or does it refer to the logical
time or the time of the last event sent to the queue?

The reason I'm wondering is because I plan to make an app that reads
midi events from the new JACK midi ports and outputs them to ALSA seq,
compensating for latency so that ALSA at least tries to output the event
at the time it's timestamped by JACK. (But perhaps the JACK team is
working on something like this already?)

--
/Jonatan         [ http://kymatica.com ]