Re: Dell 1950 USB sound

Hallo,
MARTI, ROBERT JESSE hat gesagt: // MARTI, ROBERT JESSE wrote:

>   I'm new to the list, but I have a question.  I've got a Dell 1950
>   with no PCI slots and I need to get sound of it.  Not great sound
>   mind you - just enough to stream, say, a lecture.  I would buy a
>   couple and try them out, but my bosses have told me to find a
>   single solution, rather than shotgun and hope one of them works.
>   The box is running Red Hat Enterprise 4 64bit if it matters.

Just buy one of the many supported USB soundcards. Search
www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/ for "snd-usb-audio" to get some
recommendations. Most USB cards Just Work(tm). Personally I have and
use the Terratec Aureon USB and a Terratec Phase26 USB. I also have
the M-Audio Quattro which is one of the rare cards that *don't* work,
so stay away from this one.

Ciao