Dell 1950 USB sound

Howdy all,

  I'm new to the list, but I have a question.  I've got a Dell 1950 with no PCI slots and I need to get sound of it.  Not great sound mind you - just enough to stream, say, a lecture.  I would buy a couple and try them out, but my bosses have told me to find a single solution, rather than shotgun and hope one of them works.  The box is running Red Hat Enterprise 4 64bit if it matters.

I would go with PCIe sound, but from what I can find the only available sound cards in PCIe are the professional $1000 ones.  And that's far more than the higher ups are willing to spend for something that really shouldn't be that hard.

If you need more details about the server, or have any other questions, feel free to email me.

Rob Marti
Sam Houston State University
936-294-3804
Rob.marti@xxxxxxxx