Re: Microphone snd-hda-intel on Debian etch 2.6.18-4 amd64 compaq nx6325 laptop

  Guillaume Yziquel writes

> >   In alsamixer, you can toggle the input between "line" and "mic".
> >   It works as mic. but if it is set to mic at the start, it
> >   has to be set to 'line' then back to mic. Then it may
> >   work.
>
> Hmmm. Weird... do you have any links related to this situation?

  Only my own page

http://openlib.org/home/krichel/debian_dell_latitude_d620/

> >   Actually, just after writing to you, I called a friend via
> >   skype and after the call lost both input and output.
> >   Looking at alsamixer a new item "digital" has appeared
> >   that I have never seen before. Argh!!
>
> We're in the same boat then! Good luck...

  Could you send me your amixer output? At least
  you seem to be able to get skype to work. Mine
  is

krichel@trabbi:/root$ amixer
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 31
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 0 [0%] [off]
  Front Right: Playback 0 [0%] [off]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
  Capabilities: pvolume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 255
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 215 [84%]
  Front Right: Playback 215 [84%]
Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 15
  Front Left: Capture 0 [0%] [on]
  Front Right: Capture 0 [0%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Capture Mux',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 4
  Front Left: 4 [100%]
  Front Right: 4 [100%]
Simple mixer control 'Digital',0
  Capabilities: cvolume
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 120
  Front Left: Capture 0 [0%]
  Front Right: Capture 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'Input Source',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Mic' 'Line'
  Item0: 'Mic'

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel
  phone: +1 631 236 9007                       skype: thomaskrichel