Microphone snd-hda-intel on Debian etch 2.6.18-4 amd64 compaq nx6325 laptop

Hello,

I have the following configuration:

http://www.puchalla-online.de/nx6325.html

with a debian 2.6.18-4 kernel. This laptop is running on amd64.

Reportedly, the snd-hda-intel soundcard should work fine.

I do not have problem listening to music or sound, in general. (I have
some unstability, some crashes, etc..., but it worked, in general). But
I cannot figure out how to get the microphone working. It was working
approximately fine a few weeks from now, but I do not really know what I
did, and it does not work any more.

What I'd really like to do is to get OpenWengo to work (or Skype if I
really have to). I therefore need something a bit more solid, with a
working microphone.

I'd really like help on this topic, but I do not really know what
informations would be helpful for you guys to help me out.

I've been looking at documentation for one and a half week, and though a
few things seem to pertain to my case, I cannot manage to understand the
way things work out...

Thanks.

Guillaume Yziquel.