Recording 44.1kHz/24bit S/P-DIF via USB/Firewire - which card ?

Hi list,

for years I've been a happy user of the RME HDSP Cardbus system.
Unfortunately my new notebook only sports an Expresscard slot and
my trusted RME HDSP PCMCIA type II card won't fit :-(

Now I'm looking for a reliable external (USB or Firewire) interface
to record at least a single stereo 44.1kHz/24bit S/P-DIF signal.

Which cards/interfaces would fit that requirement ?

I've had a look at the Aureon 5.1 USB MKII but that seems to be
16bit only. Is the Aureon 7.1 Firewire supported by ALSA ?
Are there any other contender ?

Any suggestions welcome, best,
Michael
--
 Technosis GmbH, Geschäftsführer: Michael Gerdau, Tobias Dittmar
 Sitz Hamburg; HRB 89145 Amtsgericht Hamburg