Re: [opensuse] Critical Sound Problem - very deep level - help needed !

I am guessing that this is not really an alsa problem but something
related to your kernel and chipset.  What kernel are you running (uname -r)?

This may also be  a SuSe problem.  I do not have the same hardware as
you (all my AMD machines have various nVidia chipsets, with various
degrees of support) so I cannot reproduce the problem.  I also do not
have any recent experience with VIA chipsets, which is a result of my
past experience with VIA chipsets.

I have personally had the most success with K/Ubuntu and 64studio, even
on my problem laptop (MCP51 nVidia).  At least try with a live distro or
two (eg. Knoppix and the live Ubuntu CD) to see if the problem persists.
 You may wish to consider a "stock" kernel from kernel.org for testing
and comparison.  I have no experience with this on SuSe, only the Debian
related distros.

Try booting with noirqdebug at the end of the kernel line for your
kernel entry in /boot/grub/menu.lst

Some other options to try, both alone and in combination:
idle=poll acpi_use_timer_override pnpbios=off

You may also wish to consider upgrading your BIOS to the latest version