Re: [opensuse] Critical Sound Problem - very deep level - help needed !

1. The theory that this bug is a hardware bug similar to Mandrake
9.2/LG CD-ROM one is interesting indeed.

Still I hope that since Linux drivers exists for my audio card, unlike
WinModems, where no drivers exist at all, and here you have the chance
to help me and fix the issue.

Yes, theoretically I can get a different audio card, but I would like
to try to resolve this bug if possible for the sake of Linux newbies.
(So they won't run out to the known(R) lang : )

2. Rajko.M. says he experience no problem with the same Audio chip... hmmm...
What could I do differently with my setup? My Motherboard is: GIGABYTE 7VM400RZ

3. The Novell guy told me (in the openSUSE bug report), that he looked
at my "working" set of hardware registers and "non-working" set of
hardware registers, and he found out that my PCI was disabled in the
"non-working" state.

4. This bug occurs randomly at rate of about once per day/once per 2
days. More often if I use sound, less often if I don't.
-It never happens if I just play music in Kaffeine (my faourite
player), without replugging, and don't change volume.
-It happens when I plug my headphone set, playing with volume in kmix,
restart audio services, and do other things.

Could you find this out, based on the data I uploaded ?

What else can I do to help ?

NOTE: If SSHing (or NXing) in to my machine would help you to find out
the problem, I can arrange this for you.

--
-Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"