Audigy 2 NX Hardware Synthesiser

Hello All,

I would much appreciate the the kind help of the list please...

I recently bought a Creative Audigy 2 NX external USB sound 'card',
after the minimum of research, and I find I am unable to get the
hardware synthesiser to work. I have tried loading the patches with
asfload and sfload but they simply report that there is no synthesiser
device. The PCM devices work fine, but the remote control and the volume
knob
on the box are non functional.

Can somebody please confirm:-

1. If the NX really does have a hardware synthesiser in the box?

2. If there is support for USB hardware synthesisers (in particular the
NX) in ALSA?

3. If I am in a known 'gotcha' situation?

Many thanks for your kind attention and support.

Best Regards

Donald.