Resend: Recording sound from web video

People,

I am resending this because my spam filter was rejecting things so I am
not sure if I missed replies . . sorry:

I have FC6:

	alsa-utils-1.0.13-1.fc6
	alsa-lib-1.0.13-1.fc6

on a Soltek PC with /etc/sysconfig/hwconf:

class: AUDIO
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: snd-intel8x0
desc: "Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller"
vendorId: 8086
deviceId: 24d5
subVendorId: 414c
subDeviceId: 4720
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  0
pcidev: 1f
pcifn:  5

I am trying to record video/sound with xvidcap from:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/mos/skydiver.html?in_article_id=435694&in_page_id=1990&in_a_source=

The only way I can record sound is by plugging the audio out into the
mike
socket.

I was told that I should be able to use PCM in capture mode but
PCM only appears on the Playback settings.  For the Capture settings
there is a control called "Capture" which is at 100%.  It is also
possible to put the cursor on this control and push SPACE which puts an
"L" and "R" on either side of the control and the word "CAPTUR" directly
underneath.  None of these options recorded sound.

I went looking for more detailed info about alsamixer (specifically the
individual controls) but couldn't find too much . .

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
Fax:     +61:(0)2-8221-9599