Re: Tascam-428 - does anyone have one fully working?

My US-428 works great, but with the following caveats:

- After using jack with the 4-channel input, I have to power cycle the
device to use it with anything else.
- In order to get latency below 10-20ms without noise, I have to
change the priority of my IRQ handler with chrt.  I can then get
1.67ms latency with 4in, 2out, and about 1 or 2 xruns an hour
(probably caused by the binary nvidia driver).
- The only program that can use inputs C/D is jackd, and it can only
use inputs C/D through the four channel special device.

Here is the software I'm using:

Linux distribution: Kubuntu 6.10
Jackd: jackd version 0.101.1 tmpdir /dev/shm protocol 15
Kernel: 2.6.19.1-rt15 (I thought it was alsa 1.0.14rc1,
/proc/asound/version reports 1.0.13)
alsa-tools:  alsa-tools     1.0.11-1       Console based ALSA
utilities for specific ha

Mike