Sound card problem

Hi,

I am very to new ALSA.

I have an IP softphone (UCTIMSClient) application installed on Fedora core 6 linux system, which has got Intel HDA sound card. I duplicated the same set up for one more softphone. Local sound card detection and verification works fine on both systems.

When I make call from one softphone to the other, the softphone is able to playback a pre recorded local ring tone at the called party end. But once call is established, both the softphones are supposed to open RTP channels on  both the systems, and start sending and receiving the audio RTP packets at the both the end.

But instead, I am getting the following errors,

lsa_set_params: The period size 256 is not supported by your hardware.

 ==> Using 256 instead.

alsa_set_params: The period size 256 is not supported by your hardware.

 ==> Using 255 instead.

alsa_set_params: The period size 1280 is not supported by your hardware.

 ==> Using 1279 instead.

alsa_set_params: The number of periods 4 is not supported by your hardware.

 ==> Using 2 instead.

alsa_set_params: The period size 256 is not supported by your hardware.

ð        Using 256 instead.

Please tell me what is the problem here? I am not able to trace it with this information.

Thanks

Ramachandran