Re: Sound working on Gateway mx6454 laptop (invalid dep range error)

Has anyone gotten sound working on a Gateway mx6454 laptop or similar
model? It shows up as an ATI when it is a SigmaTel. I try to configure
using yast and it says it failed due to possible IRQ conflict. I also
was getting an error during boot: linux kernel: ALSA
sound/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:212: hda_codec: invalid dep_range_val 0:7fff.
I have been trying to follow some of the help from other similar bug
reports on alsa site but no help. I no longer get the error during boot
but still no sound and cant configure sound in yast. Any help would be
great.