Re: Master volume doesn't affect rear speakers (SBLive 5.1)

Hi!

Below my asoundrc file (the relevant part). The first device overwrites
the default device and sends all incoming data to the second device.
That way, most applications will just continue to work using the default
device. The second device is the softvol device which should add a new
volume control "Master". If there was no such control before, mixers
like KMix or alsamixer will treat the new one as the actual master
volume control. This device passes its data to the third device, a dmix
device. I need this, because my sound card does not hardware mixing.
(Don't consider this as the absolute truth, this is only what I think I
found out by trail and error ;-))

The values like rate, period_time etc are specific to my hardware, too.
They may not be optimal. That solution is not complete, I think. I
didn't test OSS support nor capturing. I hope this helps anyway. Please
report back if it works for you.

Greets, Ingo

----

# first