Re: Master volume doesn't affect rear speakers (SBLive 5.1)

I have an ad1986 based card (snd-hda-intel) and I asked in this list
about a similar feature many times.... but nothing!
My card hasn't a master control at all, it has only front, surround
and center controls.
Perhaps I arranged to use a script that calls amixer three times
modifying the three controls together, but this is a weird hack.....

There is an alsa plugin called softvol.. we could use it, but it's
like the pcm control, it changes only digital sources (applications
that use alsa..).

Please tell me if you find other solutions ;-)