Re: Master volume doesn't affect rear speakers (SBLive 5.1)

Hi!

If you don't have a master volume control at all, I can help you! I had
the same problem with an CMI7012 chip. Just create a softvol control and
name it "Master". Of course, every application that uses alsa has to use
a virtual device that goes sooner or later through that softvol device.
I don't know whether this is the perfect way to do it, but it did the
job for me and I think it's cleaner than a script sounds to me.

What I'm missing in that solution is the mute function. I already filed
a wish in the bug tracking system. Maybe you could add a note to
underline the need of such a function, if you need it, too.

I hope that helps you.

Greets, Ingo