Re: Advice needed with file system corruption

Le Mon, 08 Aug 2016 16:38:11 +0100
Roger Willcocks <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> > Late to the game, I just wanted to remark that I've unfortunately
> > verified many times that write activity during rebuilds on Adaptec
> > RAID controllers often creates corruption. I've reported that to
> > Adaptec, but they don't seem to care much...
> >

> It rather depends on why the disk was replaced in the first place...

Well, given I always use RAID-6, it shouldn't matter; a failed drive
shouldn't alter the array behaviour significantly, as it simply falls
back to sort-of RAID-5 (any bad block read or write should be corrected
on the fly).

It seems like explicitly disabling individual disk drives write-back
cache somewhat mitigates the effect.