Re: Advice needed with file system corruption

Hi,

I chose the words "rebuilding a replaced disk" deliberately as I removed a disk that (according to adaptec's software) had some "media errors" even though the SMART attributes showed there were no "pending sectors" or "reallocated sectors", in fact all the SMART attributes were clean. As I was also using "RAID 6" I did not expect any issues leaving the filesystem online while rebuilding. Previous to this the RAID had been running live 24/7 for 0ver three years.

Steve