Re: Spam on this list

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Chinner" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "XFS mail list" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2016 2:15 AM
Subject: Re: Spam on this list

Yes, that is the fundamental issue - spam filtering is essentially
controlled by SGI's internal infrastructure, which we have little
option on.

What it comes down to is whether we continue to use this list
(xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx) or whether we move to linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
so we get much more robust and up-to-date spam filtering. The issue
with doing this is forcing everyone to resubscribe, and then
capturing everything that is still sent to xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx.

That said, I'm seriously tempted right now just to say "we're moving
to vger" and asking everyone to resubscribe to that list, and then
making xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx respond with "list moved to vger, please
repost there". i.e. not even put a forwarding gateway in place.

If we do that, then I'll also shut down all the XFS git trees on
oss.sgi.com - I'll add commits to the them to say "go to
kernel.org". I'll need to work something out for the tarball
releases, but kernel.org does have functionality for that, too, so
that may just be a small change of process on my end (i.e. use kup).
Once that is done, we'll be running completely on community provided
infrastructure....

Thoughts?

I completely agree, is a good idea to move to a new place where more filters are already in place. It is a small change on user's side and benefits are for everyone. I cannot see any cons to not do it. It probably will be the best to keep also a message for newcommers and also for robots, that list has been moved to vger and new way to subscribe.