Re: Question: Old Irix tape backup. Recovery on Linux (xfsdump/xfsrestore)

Yes so no luck yet. Even specifying the block size as 24576.

But I did come across something interesting. I decided to give up on these tapes and try out some other ones. One tape in particular was listed as an Amanda dump file. upon researching I came across a page labeled Amanda Cheat Sheet. http://www.mast.queensu.ca/computing/department/service.catalogue/backup/cheat-sheet.html

On that site there is a section talking about XFS file systems, SGI, and restoring them using Amanda + xfsrestore. Ill give this a shot I just got to figure out how to use Amanda on a local machine.

Does anyone think this may be my problem, and or any advice?
Thanks.