Re: Question: Old Irix tape backup. Recovery on Linux (xfsdump/xfsrestore)

I don't think this is a multi tape dump. But then again i don't know for sure. I recently got a job and this is my first 'project'. I have about 10 tapes each are labeled a month and a year, so I don't think they are multi tape because they span like 3 years 2004-2007 . Although for the current tape I am working on right now if I select 1 skip, I'll get to another back up labeled "incremental backup 1" or something similar. Using the verbosity output here is what I got. (also using interactive restore). I went ahead and specified byte size 4096. Through earlier test using the dd command I determined that was the correct size. Ill post one without byte size specified too. I just saw it in that post and thought it might help.

Here is the output with verbosity.

http://pastebin.com/Nd6BqNc5

The out is the same with or without -b 4096.

http://pastebin.com/0dxbCvyc (no -b)

-Anthony