Re: What's up with this list?

On 09/18/2015 05:56 PM, Dave Chinner wrote:
On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 11:01:45AM -0500, Troy McCorkell wrote:
xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx is an open list and does not require people to be members
of the list to post to it.    The spam filters applied to
xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx are
as aggressive as they can be and still allow for an open list.

Next option would be to add a moderator to the list.   Adding a moderator
would interfere with non-list members posting to the list.
Moderation is not an option because of this interference and the
burden it puts on the moderator to respond in a timely fashion.

If the spam rejection does not improve our next option is to move to
the linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list - the vger infrastructure is not
perfect, but it does have better spam rejection than the current
filtering on this list.  This may be the best long-term solution to
the problem, but it does involve short term pain for everyone.

Cheers,

Dave.

I understand moderation is not an option.   Just reviewing the options.

oss.sgi.com is not a stand alone system when it comes to email. All emails received by oss.sgi.com first pass through the SGI corporate spam filters. Several of the
old defunct mailing lists on oss.sgi.com have been configured as spam-traps.
Additional spam filters have been added specifically for oss.sgi.com.
And yet spam continues to hit the list.

I'll continue the conversation with the SGI IT group.

Thanks,
Troy