Re: What's up with this list?

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 08:56:24AM +1000, Dave Chinner wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 11:01:45AM -0500, Troy McCorkell wrote:
> > xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx is an open list and does not require people to be members
> > of the list to post to it.    The spam filters applied to
> > xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx are
> > as aggressive as they can be and still allow for an open list.
> >
> > Next option would be to add a moderator to the list.   Adding a moderator
> > would interfere with non-list members posting to the list.
>
> Moderation is not an option because of this interference and the
> burden it puts on the moderator to respond in a timely fashion.
>
> If the spam rejection does not improve our next option is to move to
> the linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list - the vger infrastructure is not
> perfect, but it does have better spam rejection than the current
> filtering on this list.  This may be the best long-term solution to
> the problem, but it does involve short term pain for everyone.

+1 for that, the pain is not that much, and we've discussed moving xfs list to
vger.kernel.org for a while, I really don't see a reason to do so, other than
people needing to update their e-mail addresses and maybe git configurations. To
relief even more the pain, xfs@sgi, could just forward the e-mails to linux-xfs
with a InReplyTo modified to linux-xfs even.

Althouh, I'm not sure how feasible is the last part.

> Cheers,
>
> Dave.
> --
> Dave Chinner