Re: XFS File system in trouble

OK, this is goofy. It seems to be working, now. As usual, I've been doing some work on the server this weekend, but I can't think of anything I have done that would fix the issue. I did replace the remaining good 4G RAM module with a pair of 8G RAM modules, but memtest reported the remaining 4G module as good, and I verified the removed module really was bad. I also replaced the removable drive carrier and cables that were feeding the two SSDs, once of which was reporting failures as noted in the syslog. It's hard for me to believe either of those things could have been causing the issue, though.

I attached a 1.5T external drive to the server and formatted it as XFS in preparation to continue troubleshooting. To make sure of things, I tried decompressing the tarball, again, and this time it worked all the way to the end. I then deleted the entire directory structure created by the tarball and decompressed the file again twice. I'll see if the rsync process works. That will take a couple of days.