Re: xfs_repair 3.2.0 cannot (?) fix fs

On Saturday 28 of June 2014, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> On Saturday 28 of June 2014, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have a fs (metadump of it
> > http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/p2/x1/web2-home.metadump.gz)
> > that xfs_repair 3.2.0 is unable to fix properly.
> >
> > Running xfs_repair few times shows the same errors repeating:
> > http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/p2/x1/repair2.txt
> > http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/p2/x1/repair3.txt
> > http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/p2/x1/repair4.txt
> > http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/p2/x1/repair5.txt
> >
> > (repair1.txt also exists - it was initial, very big/long repair)
> >
> > Note that fs mounts fine (and was mounting fine before and after repair)
> > but xfs_repair indicates that not everything got fixed.
> >

> > Unfortunately there looks to be a problem with metadump image. xfs_repair
> > is able to finish fixing on a restored image but is not able (see
> > repairX.txt) above on real devices. Huh?
>
> Made xfs metadump without file obfuscation and I'm able to reproduce the
> problem reliably on the image (if some xfs developer wants metadump image
> then please mail me - I don't want to put it for everyone due to obvious
> reasons).

Forgot to mention about new problem. After running xfs_repair (reproducible on
real fs and on metadump) and trying to mount fs:

[3571367.717167] XFS (loop0): Mounting Filesystem
[3571367.883958] XFS (loop0): Ending clean mount
[3571367.900733] XFS (loop0): Failed to initialize disk quotas.

Files are accessible etc. Just no quota. Unfortunately no information why
initialization failed.

So xfs_repair wasn't able to fix that, too.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / maven.pl