Re: xfs_repair 3.2.0 cannot (?) fix fs

On Saturday 28 of June 2014, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have a fs (metadump of it
> http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/p2/x1/web2-home.metadump.gz)
> that xfs_repair 3.2.0 is unable to fix properly.
>
> Running xfs_repair few times shows the same errors repeating:
> http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/p2/x1/repair2.txt
> http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/p2/x1/repair3.txt
> http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/p2/x1/repair4.txt
> http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/p2/x1/repair5.txt
>
> (repair1.txt also exists - it was initial, very big/long repair)
>
> Note that fs mounts fine (and was mounting fine before and after repair)
> but xfs_repair indicates that not everything got fixed.
>

> Unfortunately there looks to be a problem with metadump image. xfs_repair
> is able to finish fixing on a restored image but is not able (see
> repairX.txt) above on real devices. Huh?

Made xfs metadump without file obfuscation and I'm able to reproduce the
problem reliably on the image (if some xfs developer wants metadump image then
please mail me - I don't want to put it for everyone due to obvious reasons).

So additional bug in xfs_metadump where file obfuscation "fixes" some issues.
Does it obfuscate but keep invalid conditions (like keeping "/" in file name)
? I guess it is not doing that.

CC: Alex as he did obfuscation algorithm rewrite at some point.

Anyway repair logs for that metadump
http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/p2/x2/repair-no-obfuscation1.txt
http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/p2/x2/repair-no-obfuscation2.txt

--