Re: 10GB memorys occupied by XFS

Dear Stan, I can't send email to you.So I leave a message here.I hope not to
bother you.
Thank you for your kind assistance.

In accordance with your suggestion, we executed "echo 3 >
/proc/sysm/drop_caches" for trying to release vfs dentries and inodes.
Really,
our lost memory came back. But we learned that the memory of vfs dentries
and inodes is distributed from slab. Please check our system "Slab:  509708
kB" from /proc/meminfo, and it seems only be took up 500MB and xfs_buf take
up 450MB among. And /proc/meminfo indicated that our system memory is
anomalous, there is about 10GB out of the statistics. We want to know how
the system could observe the usage amount of vfs dentries and iodes through
the system interface. If the memory usage of system is not reflected in
/proc/meminfo as we can not find the statistics, and we thought it as a bug
of xfs.

My  vm.vfs_cache_pressure of linux system is 100. We think that the system
will proactively take the memory back when the memory is not enough, rather
than oom-killer kills our work process. Our datas of /proc/meminfo occurred
during the system problem as below:
130> cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:       12173268 kB
MemFree:          223044 kB