Re: xfs module insert fails with "xfs: Unknown symbol exportfs_decode_fh (err 0)"

Hey Chandra,

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 12:24:09PM -0500, Chandra Seetharaman wrote:
> When I tried to insert xfs module in my test machine it failed with
>
> 	xfs: Unknown symbol exportfs_decode_fh (err 0).
>
> Found out that I did not have CONFIG_EXPORTFS enabled in my kernel
> config.

Most people are running with NFS enabled in their kernel config, I think.

> All .*by_handle code in XFS is open coded. Wondering if they should be
> under #ifdef CONFIG_EXPORTFS ?
>
> I can create a patch, but wanted to find out if it is indeed needed :)

foo_by_handle
  xfs_handlereq_to_dentry
    xfs_handle_to_dentry
      exportfs_decode_fh

xfsdump does open by handle, so making that conditional on CONFIG_EXPORTFS will
break things.  I think would be better to just make CONFIG_XFS depend upon
CONFIG_EXPORTFS in fs/xfs/Kconfig.  Looks like we'll have the same problem with
libcrc32c.

Regards,
	Ben