Re: xfs module insert fails with "xfs: Unknown symbol exportfs_decode_fh (err 0)"

On 4/26/13 12:24 PM, Chandra Seetharaman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I tried to insert xfs module in my test machine it failed with
>
> 	xfs: Unknown symbol exportfs_decode_fh (err 0).

so don't use insmod, use modprobe :)

> Found out that I did not have CONFIG_EXPORTFS enabled in my kernel
> config.

Oh, hum. But fs/xfs/Kconfig:

config XFS_FS
        tristate "XFS filesystem support"
        depends on BLOCK
        select EXPORTFS

it should be turned on automatically.  That seems to be the problem,
why wasn't it for your case?

> All .*by_handle code in XFS is open coded. Wondering if they should be
> under #ifdef CONFIG_EXPORTFS ?

CONFIG_EXPORTFS is supposed to be on if xfs is selected, unless something
changed recently.

-Eric