Re: [XFS] xfs_repair time how long it takes??

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 12:48:06AM +0900, Ryan Lee wrote:
>    You guys told me to use  the "fsck.xfs".

No I didn't - I linked to the manpage.  If you read it, you will see that it
says it does nothing at all.

It is purely a placeholder, for Linux systems which try to do fsck.<foo>
whenever they mount a filesystem of type <foo>.

The point is, you don't need it.

>    Onething more, I already know about the problem with "xfs_repair", but
>    I cound't find any other good solution to fix it until now.
>
>    How can I fix it?

Probably you need to stop your journal from getting corrupted in the first
place.  See the XFS FAQ:

http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_What_is_the_problem_with_the_write_cache_on_journaled_filesystems.3F

and the following 5 questions and answers.  In particular make sure your
block driver has working write barrier support.

Final note: please don't reply to me without replying to the list as well. I
have been forwarding your replies to the list, but it is annoying to have to
do so.  Your mail client probably has a 'reply to list' or 'group reply'
function you can use.

Regards,

Brian.