Re: Disk spin down

Hi,

> Seems to me that something is still dirtying an inode regularly.
>
> Perhaps you need to look at the XFS and writeback event traces to
> find out what process is dirtying the inode. trace-cmd is your
> friend...

Something like this?

-----
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/enable

echo 0 > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/enable

more /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace
-----

I tried recreating the situation of the last 2 days (clean boot, stopped
services) and it's currently quiescing nicely. :-(

I'll keep an eye on it and try to catch it in the act but every time I
turn the tracing on the HDD light stays firmly off. :-(

Regards,
@ndy

--
andyjpb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx