Re: xfs_repair: "fatal error -- ran out of disk space!"

Of course we monitor our file systems.   But as I thought I made
clear, we were "unaware" the file system was full because df said it
still had 399 gigabytes of free space.  Granted, this is "only" 7%,
but it could just as easily been 30% or 50% or 80% because _the file
system was corrupt_.

Also, given your "80% rule", I suspect you have never worked in an
environment like mine. This file system is one of around 40 of similar
size in a single pool.  Am I supposed to tell my boss that we need
more disk as soon as our free space goes below 40 terabytes?

The bottom line is that the file system was full but appeared  not to
be, and thus xfs_repair bombed out.  I realize this is a corner case,
but it is a nasty one, and it has nothing to do with my "policy on
filesystem space management".

But thank you for your input.

 - Pat