Re: Help with XFS

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, Emmanuel Florac wrote:

Le Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:30:43 +0200
Thomas Førde <thomas.forde@xxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

ill see if we can rebuild a different SAN with mirror functionalityt,
y have 384x300GB disk in my SAN, so it should be possible.

No, a mirror will corrupt your data as well, a simple copy is better;

Exactly. High availability and backups are two different things, although people often confuse them.

Here are my notes from my backup talk:

http://www.timetraveller.org/talks/backup_talk.pdf

This approach is honed over many years, having done many disaster recoveries in the real world.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx		Linux counter ID #16440