RE: z/OS

   Are you asking for a X-server to run on the mainframe's display
hardware (if there is such a thing) or are you asking for libX11 so
that the z/OS apps can display on a remote X-server?  I assume you're
asking for the later and I would have thought that Unix System Services
would already come with libX11.  If you don't already have libX11, maybe
you can ask IBM where you might get it - they must know.  I don't see
anything in XFree86's makefiles indicating that anyone has tried to
build XFree86's libX11 on z/OS.

			Mark.