Re: Problem with displaying

It sounds like the resolution is set too high for the monitor. Try reducing the screen size to 1024x768 or 800x600.

   Alfred

Mark Vojkovich wrote:
   I don't know what to make of your problem with the screen
flashing on and off.  Is this a laptop?  It sounds like maybe
a power management thing.

   As for startx not working, we'll need to see the /var/log/XFree86.0.log
file.  Everything needed to diagnose a failure to start X should
be in there.

		Mark.