Re: Problem with displaying

   I don't know what to make of your problem with the screen
flashing on and off.  Is this a laptop?  It sounds like maybe
a power management thing.

   As for startx not working, we'll need to see the /var/log/XFree86.0.log
file.  Everything needed to diagnose a failure to start X should
be in there.

		Mark.