Regarding startx not running

Sir,

I have Redhat 9 Server whenver i try to run
xterm(userconf, liloconf command)it is showing this
error:

Fatal server error:

                     server is already active for
display O.If this server is no longer running, remove
/tmp/.XO-lock and start again.

When reporting a problem related to a server crash,
please send the full server output on this mail.

kindly do me a favor so that i could use startx.
but my server is running in GUI(Red Hat 9)

thxs

gurmeet singh