X Windows Crashes when App goes Full Screen

Hello Out there

           I am really sorry to disturb you people. I have been
looking out there on a lot of forums and I think that I am the only
one with this problem so I am going to the XWindows people directly.
So the details on my computer:

XFree86 version: 6.8.2
OS: SuSE 10.0 x86_64
Video Card: Matrox G400
Monitor: LG L1950S

          I had a CRT and my computer ran a lot of full screen apps
well. Now I hav a flat screen monitor. Now I have issues with full
screen apps. I have gone through Sax2 and the X11 config files and
ensured that the seetings for my monitor are correct. Everything
specified is within the manufacturers specs so I think that I am doing
things right. So there are two things that happen when I launch a full
screen app:

1) This screen shows a picture, however it is not aligned.

2) The screen shows no picture. The intro music is playing but there
is no picture.

I think for some strange reason XWindows goes out of the preset
parameters. I have had to always center my screen with YaST when ever
I re-install Linux (after the CRT). It seems to forget the setings
when an App takes over full screen. Can someone help me figure out
what is going on. Thanks

Take Care
Mike McW

PS The Log and the Config File were copied after a reset from a crash.